Womens jiu jitsu keeps growing in Geelong
There are now more women training jiu jitsu in Geelong then ever before and its happening at DC Jiu Jitsu, It is amazing to see so many women hitting the mats to learn the amazing art of jiu jitsu. Jiu Jitsu is not only an great form of self defence but is great fitness and super fun. You meet new people and learn new skills along the way.
Although the self Defence aspects of the art are the primary reason women tend to get into jiu jitsu women quickly find out its so much more to it then just learning how to look after your self.
Here are 5 non self defence reasons to enjoy jiu jitsu
- It teaches you to love your body for what it can do rather than for what it looks like.
- You don’t need to be big and strong to be good at it.
- The sisterhood is like no other.
- It smashes ideas about what a woman “should” or “shouldn’t” do.
- It makes you a positive role model for younger girls.
DC Jiu Jitsu runs Beginner and Womens only jiu jitsu classes every
Tuesday / Thursday 6:00 to 7:00pm
Saturday 10:00 o 11:00am.
Womens only class run by Erica W (Blue Belt) Every Sunday 10:00 to 11:00am